Toast—the media conversion and archiving software that continues to create new uses for itself even as the industry tries to leave it behind—has been updated to Toast 11 Titanium for Mac. This major update brings new capabilities and feature enhancements for capturing, copying, converting and enjoying personal digital media and entertainment from your iLife apps and beyond. Share and enjoy your media from practically anywhere and on any device.
Toast 11 has been redesigned with a new interface the developers believe users will find modern and intuitive. I’ve been using it for about a week now, I can attest that isn’t an Adobe-style mish-mash of Mac and PC UI elements. Instead, it’s a simplification that refines workflows—hiding less popular options from the general user while still making them available to others. In addition, built-in video tutorials make it easier for existing Toast users and those new to the program to quickly complete a broad range of media tasks. New videos will appear as they’re released, but of course, these can be turned off, as well.
From the press release:
For existing users, Toast 11 adds many requested features such as recording to multiple drives simultaneously, a streamlined product update mechanism, and the ability to save custom video profiles, which is very useful for those that are often converting video for a particular device. The latest version now also offers built-in features for directly uploading media to social networking sites such as YouTube™, Vimeo®, or Facebook® and technology optimizations, dubbed VideoBoost, that help dramatically speed H.264 (high definition) video conversion or encoding.
New or exclusive-to-Toast features include: Internet audio recording; the ability to capture, save, and convert Web-based video content; disc spanning (automatically spreading a large amount of data or audio tracks across many discs); one-click backup of HD camcorder footage; dual-platform compatible disc creation; and TiVo-to-Go support.
Toast 11 Titanium is available starting today for $99.99 at www.roxio.com. An accompanying Blu-ray Disc plug-in, which is required to author Blu-ray Disc video, is sold separately for $19.99.
Introducing Toast 11 Pro
Roxio Toast 11 Pro is also launching today, featuring everything offered in Toast 11 Titanium as well as the Blu-ray Disc Plug-in and four award-winning video, photo, and audio applications. The included components in Toast 11 Pro are:
- Adobe PhotoShop Elements 9 – The latest, full-featured version of the #1 selling consumer photo-editing software for the Mac. The application delivers powerful options that make it easy to create extraordinary photos, quickly share your memories in online albums and unique print creations, and automatically organize and help protect all your photos and video clips.
- SmartSound Sonicfire Pro 5 – For creating an ideal soundtrack to accompany videos and slideshows. Use Sonicfire Pro’s unique automatic Mood Mapping feature or select from a library of included music tracks and adjust the mix and feel of the score to match your videos and slideshows.
- BIAS SoundSoap SE – Remove unwanted noise like wind, hisses, scratches, and pops from LPs, cassettes, or almost any audio, music, or video soundtrack. Also includes a plug-in for correcting audio in HD videos.
- FotoMagico 3 Turn pictures and video into high-quality slideshows with a few simple clicks, and present them in high definition with the latest version of FotoMagico. Innovative text, transition, and alignment tools ensure astonishing results.
- Blu-ray Disc Plug-In – Author HD video content onto standard DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Take high-def (HD) video footage from AVCHD camcorders, TiVo and EyeTV and create Blu-ray Discs or even standard DVDs with HD content that can be played on Blu-ray set top boxes or PlayStation game consoles.
Toast 11 Pro is available directly from www.roxio.com starting today, and is priced at $149.99.