Spiderweb Software recently released Avadon: The Black Fortress, a role-playing fantasy game which puts you in the role of a loyal servant of Avadon with limitless power to enforce its authority. You’ll have to fight titans, deal with capricious dragons, hunt down magical beasts, and—before long—uncover a conspiracy to destroy the fragile peace. The choices you make will determine what happens to Avadon and to you.
Appletell will release a complete review, but I don’t think I’m spoiling anything by saying the preview is a lot of fun and definitely worth a download. The story telling and characterization that are the hallmarks of Spiderweb Software’s games has only gotten better over the years and Avadon: The Black Fortress is their finest work yet.
- Macintosh running System 10.4 or later.
- 800 MhZ processor. Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor recommended.
- Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
- 512 MB RAM, and 200 MB hard disk space.
- 1024×600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
- Avadon will run natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Although these are the official system requirements, it’s possible to play Avadon on a Macintosh that’s much slower. I’m using a Dual 533MHz PowerPC G4, and while I had to lower the resolution and the frame rate was very low at times, it was definitely playable.
Product [Avadon: The Black Fortress]