Watch TV…on your computer!? It’s like we’re living in the future! The Elgato HDHomeRun is a new device that connects to your antenna or cable box, and allows you stream HD TV signals wirelessly to multiple computers, as well as devices like the iPad and iPhone.
The HDHomeRun connects to your source via Ethernet, then broadcasts over your home network. On the Mac end, it uses Elgato’s EyeTV software to stream HD video to to your computer, as well as search for shows, record video, and export that to iTunes. On the PC side, it uses Windows Media Center 7 for compatibility. If you have the EyeTV app, you can also stream video to an iOS device, but this is listed as a Mac-only feature. The HDHomeRun lists for $179.95 and is available now.
Here’s the breakdown from the press release:
What’s in the Box
• HDHomeRun Network Dual Tuner for HDTV
• EyeTV 3 software for Mac (CD-ROM)
• Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 Media Center (CD-ROM)
• Ethernet cable
• Power Supply
• PDF Product Manual (CD-ROM)
• Quick Start Guide
• Macintosh: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
• PC: Windows 7, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD CPU
• 1 GB RAM
• Home network with 100Base-T Ethernet (802.11n 5GHz for wireless)
Product [Elgato HDHomeRun]