New iPhone, iPod touch and iPad product announcements for May 23, 2011:
New iPhone, iPad and iPod touch apps
- How strong are your visual perception skills? Find out with Zoomed!, a fun new, and addicting puzzle game for iPhone. View pictures of ordinary objects and choose the matching word in the list. Pictures are Zoomed-in on objects, showing only part of the object, plus the matching word list is about 400 words long. Challenging and fun game for all ages, Zoomed! 1.0 includes over 90 puzzles and is Game Center enabled for earning achievements.
- Holderness Media, Inc. has introduced Dawjuh Ball 1.0 for iPhone and iPod touch devices. Dawjuh Ball mixes elements of air hockey, dodge ball, and ping pong into one super addictive cocktail of fun and madness. Strategically dodge and hide behind planks to reflect orbs away from you. Featuring a clean, simple, user-interface, Dawjuh Ball offers casual, yet challenging game play. Protect your orb! Outlive the clock!
- Ananse Productions has released Stem Stumper Lite 1.1.1, a free version of its innovative iPhone puzzle game you can play with your eyes closed. Stem Stumper is built from the ground up to be enjoyed by both the iPhone’s burgeoning blind community and fully sighted players around the world. It is fully integrated with VoiceOver, Apple’s built-in screen reader for iOS devices. Players can download Stem Stumper Lite to try 20 brain teasing levels before buying the full game.
- Laughing Software has announced Tweakon – Lite 1.2 for iOS. Tweakon – Lite offers tweeters a way to conveniently manage their Twitter accounts and seamlessly upload media files to Twitpics while tweeting on-the-go. Tweakon – Lite offers fast access to all user tweets and links, view and favorite tweets, with an easy reply and retweet function, character count, status clear field option, and so much more.
- 4division has released Flick Away 1.0.1, their new action game for iOS devices. Challenging both the player’s reaction time and physical strength, Flick Away features an endless game flow with cute animals and a fancy environment. It is easy to pickup and fun to play Flick Away – just flick away the animals. There are seven different animals with their own costume. Complete the missions of each level to unlock new animals and their costume. Each level comes with three challenging missions.
- Logic Consulting LLC has introduced Drone Ace 1.0 for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad, their most feature rich app for controlling the Parrot AR.Drone quadricopter. The first app to provide Radio Control style modes of control, Drone Ace provides video recording, image capture, object tracking, autonomous flight, pre-programmed drone animations, and LED light control all in the same app. With over 24 combinations of control options, Drone Ace allows pilots to find the way they like to fly.
- danholt4mac has introduced Movator 1.0 for iOS, their fitness app that employs new motion-sensing technology to accurately record the number of calories the user burns each day. The proprietary technology allows the user to simply carry the iOS device in their pocket, and the app will recognize and record different activities, including: walking, sitting, running, driving and doing work at a desk. At the end of each day, users may review their progress.
- Georgios Karakatsanis has released iVoice-Reminder for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. By adding voice or written messages and related location, iVoice-Reminder provides an easy and intuitive way of organizing your tasks which are based on your geographical position. iVoice-Reminder has been designed so it can be user friendly, easy to apply for all tasks and for every location by a simple recorded message.
- Worldwide Marketplace has introduced their new global advertising platform for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. With Worldwide-Marketplace 1.0, search and find in thousands of categorized photo-ads whatever you desire, or place your own ad. Browse and include ads with picture inside this market in more than 21 categories and many sub-categories worldwide in all languages. Usage of the market is free for both, private and commercial users.
- Mobile Office solutions provider, Quickoffice, has announced an update to its iPhone application, featuring advanced PowerPoint editing and an enhanced user interface. The new version provides the most comprehensive PowerPoint editing functionality on any iOS mobile office app, allowing users to sync and share documents via the cloud with new storage partners, Huddle and SugarSync. The app allows users to access, edit, view and share Microsoft Office files directly on their iPhone, increasing productivity for any mobile worker on-the-go.
New apps for iPad only
- Blues Masters 1.0 for iPad is an encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos. Learn from 115+ authentic riffs from 16 masters of the blues guitar, including Clapton, Vaughan, B.B. King, Haynes and many more. This app is with loads of fun features, teaching videos, lessons on the legends themselves. Build your own 12 bar blues session using authentic tracks from these legendary blues players.
- GroupLogic h as unveiled mobilEcho, the industry’s first and only secure mobile file management (MFM) software product for iPad at TechCrunch Disrupt in New York City. mobilEcho enables enterprise IT organizations to provide secure and managed corporate file access for enterprise iPad users, based on existing security and access control policies.
- Castle Builders has introduced Kung Fu Panda 2 Interactive Cookbook 1.0 for iPad. The app presents the ultimate cooking experience, offering favorite Kung Fu Panda recipes, clips from the movie, cooking demonstration videos, and tips, making the recipes accessible, fun and easy to make. Among the useful functions, users may find a cooking timer, a unit converter, voice recording cooking, favorite recipes bookmark, shopping list, and Facebook, Twitter and email sharing of your favorite recipes.
- To celebrate the launch of the Mac OS X version of The Mystery Lab and the new multiplayer feature, Breek announces a 50% price drop for the iPad version of The Mystery Lab from May 26, 2011 to May 27, 2011. The Mystery Lab is Minesweeper on steroids, doped with original graphics, beautiful animations and a mind-blowing gameplay. A long time ago, a military laboratory was buried under this ground. Terrifying experiences have been conducted in great secrecy.
- iNetwallpaper Limited has updated their flagship iPad App to turn your iPad into a digital art gallery with over 400 Exclusive HD Wallpapers. Enjoy exclusive, unique and original HD wallpapers for homescreens and lockscreens. Immerse yourself in stunning, pin sharp images, no fuzzy backgrounds here folks, perfect in both landscape and portrait views, guaranteed. Unlike other wallpaper apps, their wallpapers are not just taken from the web but created by their talented team of designers.
- TheFind, a leading facilitator of online, mobile, and offline commerce and partner to thousands of stores and brands, today launched Catalogue—the only app that re-imagines the $100 billion catalog shopping experience for iPad and Android tablets. At launch, Catalogue includes the spring collections from national retailers, catalogs and brands that include Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma, Sephora, eBags, Stella & Dot, Sundance, Tea Collection, Uggs, and many others. Currently, Catalogues is focused on the brands and catalogs that match the early demographics of tablet ownership. As of the initial release, 30 catalogs are included in Catalogue, while TheFind is actively working with more than 70 titles, all of which are expected to appear in Catalogue within the next 30-60 days.
- Asgard Studios has announced the release of Wizard’s Castle HD on the iPad 2. Wizard’s Castle HD is a fun, fast paced, match and remove puzzle game. Wizard’s Castle HD is available on the iTunes App Store for 99 cents. The game requires an iPad 2. Wizard’s Castle HD has 10 levels and includes Game Center leaderboards and achievements. Asgard Studios is a father and son team, Randy and Raymond Herring. The 2D art work for the game was created by Jeff Bucchino, the Wizard of Draws. The game was developed using the Unity 3 game development environment.
- InnoPocket’s SeeThru iPad2 Folio is the only transparent form-fitting hard case that allows you to show off and see the iPad2 sexy design in full, and still keep it protected. It is a sleek, sturdy case for iPad2 that offers a functional 3-in1 utility design. It acts as a protecting shield, a display stand and a typing slant.
- Coloud has announced the release of Coloud Colors C19M in-ear headphones with microphone and remote functionality. The Coloud Colors C19M is the first in-ear model to launch in the Coloud family, and comes in an array of colors such as pink, red, purple, green, blue, black and white—allowing you to mix and match your headphones to fit your personal style and daily wardrobe.
- Native Union, a company driven to transform mobile conversations with its line of Moshi Moshi handsets, today announced the launch of what every man who wishes to exude their inner James Bond will need—the Gold POP phone. Let’s face it; every guy longs to be Bond, while every woman yearns to be with him. Fending off enemies with slick fighting skills, drinking a shaken- not-stirred martini, whisking women off their feet and having the latest gadgets are all in a day’s work. It seems the Gold POP phone is one of those devices one might find in Bond’s secret arsenal, filled with only the finest products fit for a super-spy.