If you need to keep your household busy body out of your business, or you just want to do your contractually obligated part to hold up data security for your company, then locking your PDFs can be a viable option. If you are ready to do that, then follow these steps to get it done.
- Create your PDF and make any changes that you want to before you lock the PDF. You can go back with the password, but it makes the most sense to do this last.
- Click on File. Then Print and Save as PDF.
- Click on the Security Options button.
- Check the box to the words “Require password to open document”.
- Enter the password twice and click ok.
- Save your document.