A new iOS app from Adobe, entitled CreatePDF, allows users to do exactly what the name suggests; from scratch, users can create a PDF directly on an iDevice with the same high-quality creation features their desktop Adobe Acrobat software allows, according to the company. As the app uses iOS’s “open in” feature, users are able to import media from other apps into CreatePDF, including file formats from Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, OpenOffice, StarOffice, and more.
CreatePDF is a universal iOS app available now for $9.99, with all of the following features as listed within the App Store:
High Quality PDF Creation
- Creates PDF files that look exactly like the original using the same technology as Adobe Acrobat.
- Consistent, high-fidelity PDF conversion independent of device or software. Uses Adobe’s online services to ensure there is no compromise on quality or performance. The service does not keep a copy of your original or the PDF document.
- Creates PDF files that meet accessibility standards.
- Preserves links, end notes, foot notes and creates bookmarks automatically in PDF files converted from Office documents.
- Preserves Transitions and converts Multi-media Content for Power Point files.
- Intuitive Interface for PDF Conversion.
- Convert email attachments or files stored in the cloud or any application by opening them within the Adobe CreatePDF application.
- Hand over converted PDF files to other applications, including sending as email attachments with one touch.
Supported File Formats include:
- MS Word (docx, doc), Excel(xlsx, xls), PowerPoint (pptx, ppt)
- Adobe Illustrator (ai), Photoshop (psd) and InDesign (indd)
- Images – JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
- RTF, Text and WordPerfect
- OpenOffice and StarOffice documents
Via [9to5 Mac]