New iPhone, iPod touch and iPad product announcements for August 30, 2011:
New iPhone, iPad and iPod touch apps
- 32 Leap LLC has announced a special end-of-summer sale for its new Glam Booth app starting midnight August 30th. Glam Booth is a fun way to instantly glam faces on an iPhone or iPod touch. Use Glam Booth on family, friends or colleagues photos and share them via email, Facebook and Twitter. Glam Booth works with photos taken with your iPhone camera or from your photo library. This sale will start at 12:00 a.m. August 30th and end at 11:59 p.m. on September 5th.
- FreeAppDeals has taken their service to the next logical level. FreeAppDeals recently launched its very own iOS application. The Free App Deals application is free of charge and will alert users to quality applications that are free or available at a reduced price via push notification.
- Bixby Apps has introduced Craigslist+ 1.0 for iOS devices. Featuring a simple-to-use interface, Craigslist+ aims to make using Craigslist simple, easy & on-the-go, with no complex menus, moving buttons, or ads. Choose from over 300 cities and results can be filtered by region, area & neighborhood. Craigslist+ provides access to Craigslist categories including, Community, Housing, For Sale, Services, Gigs, and Jobs. Email, call, and map an address directly from within the app.
- TimeTours has announced v1.1 of TimeTours: Chichten Itza for iOS, their revolutionary universal multimedia app that takes the viewer on a guided tour of the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza. Featured are meticulously rendered 3D stills, animations, and full-circle panoramas that allow instant comparison of the city of today and how it looked over 900 years ago. At once a guide for actual tourists, and a doorway for virtual travelers, the fact-filled app heralds a new age of tourist guides.
- TeleBEEM has launched VAULTO, a secure storage website and app for Apple and Android where customers can store vital documents and files in case of disaster. The service allows users to store digital copies of vital documents—including birth certificates, insurance documents, and deeds—and recover them in the event of a natural or man-made disaster. VAULTO ensures security and availability with redundant servers, backups, layers of security, and secure connections.
- Busy professionals with long to-do lists for both home and office can now turn to Task Organizr to track their projects and tasks. Task Organizr for iPhones and the iPod touch enables users to take control of their simple tasks and complex projects in just one app. When users need simple lists, inline editing enables them to efficiently enter their items without leaving the screen. For more complex projects, Task Organizr provides infinite depth folders to organize tasks and much more.
- Jets Team has introduced Jets – Flight & Seat Advisor 1.0, their brand new iPhone application for business and leisure travelers. Using Jets, travelers will always know which seat to choose to travel in the highest level of comfort. The application helps travelers to find the most comfortable seats on more than 100,000 flights worldwide. It provides online flight information and aircraft seat maps available offline, covering 80 airlines and more than 400+ different aircraft.
- Peel, the company dedicated to changing the way you watch TV, has announced new features for its iOs personal TV show application including custom menus, smart search and multitasking. Peel makes it easy to find and discover favorite shows with custom tailored programming recommendations in an intuitive application. Peel has added two new customized sections for favorite shows and favorite channels. Once a user has favorited a show or selected a channel as a favorite, users can easily see what is on TV from their customized menus. Touch one of the thumbnails and the app displays a brief description of the episode or movie that is playing.
- INTERSOG has introduced Tododo 1.0, their new mobile planning utility for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Input, organize, and ultimately complete daily tasks. Tododo gives users the power to plan ahead day-by-day anywhere from weeks to months in advance. The app utilizes an intuitive layout together with enough functionality to help anyone coordinate important tasks, set personal reminders, and even keep personal deadlines with the aide of individual task-timers.
- Shimon Young has announced Pocket PlayHome 1.0.2, his massively interactive doll house for iPhone and iPod touch devices. A great children’s learning game, your kids can explore and use everything in the house. In this popular 5 star app, characters eat, sleep, shower, brush their teeth and more. Want the room to be darker? Close the drapes! Fancy a change in music? Pop a different CD into the stereo.
- App Partner Development, in association with Joseph Pantaleo, has announced the release of their new iOS game Pocket Clubber: GTL at a special introductory price. In Pocket Clubber: GTL 1.0, players create their very own Clubbers and take care of them by giving them what every good Clubber needs… trips to the gym, a nice orange tan, and clean laundry! Once their Clubber is ready they can go to The Club to challenge other Clubbers to dramatic dance battles.
- Heather KiNCH Studio, LLC has announced the release of BirdBeat 1.0, their app for iOS devices that takes everything birders previously needed to carry in the field for cataloging pattern markings and data, and puts it all in the palm of your hand. World-renowned birding experts agree – the best way to learn about birds and become a better birder is by using the eyes, sketching what they see, and taking great field notes. BirdBeat helps users do that swiftly and with ease.
- Created by Allstays, Camp & RV is the essential independent camping and RV park utility, including over 20,500 campgrounds, National and State parks and forests, overnight stops, stores, RV rental, photos, reviews and more. All data is stored locally allowing immediate access even when off the beaten track, giving the discerning camper everything they need to make the outdoors great. Thousands of iPhone and iPad owners have already improved their camping experience with Camp & RV.
- Starvatar allows the user to experience the top tweeting celebrities in a totally new way. See a professionally drawn caricature of each person within a common backdrop. Listen and see each tweet along with viewing linked images. When a celebrity tweets, his or her head grows and speaks the tweet in addition to displaying the tweet in text. Linked images show up as thumbnails the caricature seems to hold while tweeting. When the celebrities are not tweeting, they continue to entertain the user with hilarious movements and actions such as jumping, nodding off, rolling their eyes and more.
- Preschool University has introduced Sentence Reading Magic 1.0 for iOS, their 14th free Education app, which provides the missing link between reading words and reading books – reading sentences. The app has two modes: sentence building, where children can move the words into their correct sentence position, and reading, where children can read the words of the sentence and then check their work by touching the hidden picture. The app features audible pronunciation of whole words and letters.
New apps for iPad only
- Big Small Things has introduced Cinderella by BST 1.0 for iPad, their new Book that brings the classic tale of Cinderella to life. Featuring expressive, museum quality watercolor paintings, interactive animation, professional narration, record your own narration, three built-in games, and four different languages for text and narration, the ebook was designed to be the best of all the Cinderella stories for iPad. The ebook offers three reading modes: Read to Me, Read it Myself, and Record.
- Sprightly Software has announced Baker’s Dozen Solitaire 1.1, an update to their popular solitaire game for iPad. Named Baker’s Dozen because of the 13 sets of cards in the play area that must be cleared, this fun, innovative and easy-to-learn solitaire classic is now better than ever. Players work their way through a deck, trying to build their foundations from ace to king. Version 1.1 includes new larger print cards to improve readability, and includes 3 new Game Center achievements.
- TappyTaps is offering special back-to-school pricing on Bubbling Math, its popular math game. Bubbling Math helps kids practice elementary math operations. A real game, Bubbling Math contains 9 different graphics levels. In each level the child can receive an award, motivating them to play the game over and over again to improve their score. It also contains a module that allows parents to choose which types of tasks they want their children to practice, and to review wrong answers afterward.
- PDF Provider is a powerful convertor that allows you to convert documents from lots of formats such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files as well as Photos and Contacts to Adobe PDF format on the iPhone (iPad). The most significant feature of PDF PROvider and its difference from other similar converters, is ability to merge both, existing documents of different types and ready converted PDFs. This allows you to be sure that your report or presentation will be viewed exactly in the way you want. Now you don’t need to bother that somebody needs to install lots of tools to view your documents – just Adobe PDF Reader which is completely free.
- Just Mobile, Ltd., has announced the global launch the Just Mobile Horizon, the minimalist wall mount for iPad and iPad 2, designed by the award-winning team at Tools. Crafted from high-grade aluminum, Horizon comes with rubber inserts that hold iPad and iPad 2 firmly in place without the need for complex brackets. And with a hidden dock connector slot and rubber home button, your wall-mounted iPad will work in both landscape and portrait modes. Horizon can transform your iPad into an entertainment centre, digital picture frame or wall-mounted remote control—the possibilities are limitless.
- Just in time for the Labor Day holiday weekend, newPCgadgets has announced a special 3 day sale on their popular iPad 2 Display Base. Now you can bring the Apple Store look home at a very affordable price. Each iPad 2 Display Dock is custom made from 1″ clear acrylic and hand polished to give your iPad a high-quality look. Additionally, slots are provided for charging cables and headphones. The non-skid clear feet provide a solid base ideal for most applications.