This is, indeed, exactly how I prefer my nebulas: dark and free. 1337 Game Design has announced that Dark Nebula – Episode 1 for iPhone will be free this week, while Episode 2 will be half off at $0.99.
The first episode of Dark Nebula received rave reviews. 148 Apps stated, “It’s in a completely different league to anything else that I’ve ever personally come across on the store,” and Appsmile said, “We found ourselves as enthralled with the gameplay as with the look of the game.” Gameplay is described as a labyrinth game on steroids. “Just tilt your device to move your character through the levels while avoiding traps, opening doors, bouncing, sliding and not falling off.”
A year later, the second episode came out and received an average rating of 93 out of 100 on Metacritic. It’s also in the App store Hall of Fame—Apple’s own pick of the 75 best apps of all time.
- Over 25 completely new enemies and obstacles.
- 19 action-packed levels that space six different environments.
- Complete new combat system that enables you to fight enemies.
- Cinematic musical score (available on iTunes).
- Global leader boards and Facebook integration.
And now, with this week’s sales, there’s no better opportunity to try out these games and see what all the fuss is about.