Macintosh product updates and announcements for September 14, 2011:
- Cirrus Thinking, makers of Dolly Drive online backup for Mac, offers 1,000 college students free online storage to encourage backing up papers, projects and schoolwork online using Apple’s Time machine. The ReBoot & Rally promo is aimed at showing college students with Macs the ease of backing up their work offsite. The offer includes the chance to win $1,000. Dolly Drive was awarded MacLife Magazine’s Best of Show and Best Software at MacWorld 2011.
- Ohanaware Co., Ltd. has introduced Fun Card Studio 1.0, their latest eCard creation solution for Mac OS X. Designed to be quick and easy to use, Fun Card Studio offers more creativity with a greater degree of customization and personalization. Fun Card Studio includes some unique features such as 1-Click Styles, built-in photo effects, stamp & postmark styles, ability to send Fun Cards via Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook, iPhoto Exporting as well as Gesture support under OS X Lion and more.
- Enolsoft Corporation has announced PDF Magic, their all-in-one portable document solution for Mac OS X. PDF Magic for Mac is quite easy to use. With drag & drop, users can quickly split multipage PDF to smaller PDF documents, merge several PDF files into one single PDF document, insert PDF pages into another PDF document, create new PDF files from image and pages, extract pages from PDF files and rotate PDF pages if necessary.
- Slappstick has announced AppyDays for Mac 1.4, an update of their popular Mac application. Sporting an extremely simple, easy to use yet beautiful interface, AppyDays for Mac tracks currently discounted apps in the Mac and iOS App Store. Users can now also filter Mac App Store categories, a much requested feature. Also, there are now seperate filters for every platform. Slappstick is focused on continually improving AppyDays for Mac while maintaining its simplicity.
- Team Sollmo has announced the release of its Fifth Wave update to popular Facebook and iOS cross-platform RPG, Buddy Rush. Alongside the new chapter, character and added items, the update brings the game’s blend of Oblin-battling RPG fun to Facebook in Traditional Chinese language for the first time. In celebration of the latest content and Buddy Rush’s success, Team Sollmo has released the game’s official soundtrack on the App Store.
- Gameprom has now brought Slayer: Pinball Rocks to the Mac. Now the fiery HD imagery and thrashing metal accompaniment can be experienced on the Mac monitor and speakers. Drop into the Bone Crusher, tunnel underground in the Bomb Shelter, run the fretboard in the Guitar Play mini-game, or bring on Global Genocide. This collaboration with Sony Music features music from Slayer’s album “World Painted Blood” alongside the realistic physics and creative gameplay which have earned Gameprom their reputation as the top pinball simulation developer.
- Strata has announced Strata Design 3D CX v7 modeling and animation software to Mac users everywhere, accompanied by discounted introductory pricing on full and upgrade versions. With a Windows release on the horizon, this announcement also marks the beginning of Strata’s Free Upgrade Program for PC owners who want to purchase version 6 today and get a head start on their 3D design skills. The program guarantees a free upgrade to version 7 for Windows when it is released in the months ahead.
- Felix Dev has introduced FileAngel 1.0, its flagship data recovery utility for Mac OS X. Sporting a media-rich interface that is similar to the OS X Finder, FileAngel offers a built-in automatic icon level preview of the deleted files, allowing the user to see the deleted file’s contents before performing the actual data recovery. It works in various circumstances from accidentally emptying the trash to the recovery of erased files from freshly formatted media.
- Stereo3D CAT delivers lightning-fast live depth analysis tools and disparity/alignment tracker for 3D camera calibration. Stereo3D CAT uses unique technology to power systems for accurately aligning the geometry and colorimetry of stereoscopic setups, calculating proper interaxial separation for any given parallax depth budget, monitoring parallax and vergence in the scene, compensating for disparities in the image and logging all settings for future reference in production or post-production.
- Phiaton Corporation, a premium manufacturer of high-performance personal audio products for consumers who appreciate authentic sound reproduction, eye-catching design and superior technology, introduced its PS 20 BT Bluetooth Stereo Headset (SRP: $149) today at PEPCOM 2011. The stylish personal calling and music listening solution combines the total freedom and flexibility of Bluetooth technology with dramatically improved audio performance for enhanced music listening and crystal clear phone reception.
- D-Link today announced the latest products to join its Amplifi family of high-performance home networking solutions, the HD Media Router 2000 (DIR-827) and the PowerLine AV 500 Gigabit Switch Kit (DHP-541). Designed to optimize a home’s Wi-Fi signal and provide increased and continuous Internet strength, the HD Media Router 2000 offers advanced wireless connectivity and HD Fuel® for automatic bandwidth prioritization, enabling seamless high-quality HD streaming, gaming without lag time and uninterrupted VoIP calling. The PowerLine AV 500 Gigabit Switch Kit delivers additional bandwidth through existing electrical wiring and outlets, enabling consumers to connect an entertainment system to the network from any room in the house with speeds of up to 500Mbps.
- Booq has unveiled the latest addition to the luxurious Cobra line, the Cobra pack. Booq packs all the features needed to power through your workday in a sleek, well-designed, high-end laptop backpack. Available for $265.00 at booqbags.com and retailers throughout the country, booq’s innovative designs help make today’s creative professional more mobile and stylish than ever.