Macintosh product updates and announcements for November 29, 2011:
- ExactCODE GmbH has announced another milestone release of ExactScan Pro 2. The new “all automatic” features for automatic detection of the page’s color content, and the source mode. These features avoid to manually switch between color, gray or black & white scans. By analyzing color distribution of the page, ExactScan Pro now allows to detects whether to save a color, gray or black & white document – further optimizing storage space and manual intervention. The automatic source selection avoid the need to manually switch between an automatic document feeder (ADF) or Flatbed, and automatically scans wherever paper is detected.
- CleverFiles has announced Disk Drill 1.5, free data recovery software for Mac OS with intuitive user interface, bonus data protection features and powerful recovery algorithms. Disk Drill features Quick Scan that recovers files that have been accidentally deleted and helps in less severe data recovery cases, Deep Scan that looks for files based on their structure, and Search for Lost Partitions, a fast way to scan for any file systems still recoverable on a disk.
- Singular Software has announced Presto 2.0 for OS X with support for Adobe Premiere Pro. Singular Software Presto automates the tedious task of editing video presentations. Simple to use, Presto’s underlying visual tracking and image-tracking technology works alongside the non-linear editing application to automatically synchronize the footage of the presenter and the presentation slides, using a video taken of the screen.
- World of Warcraft: Hour of Twilight—the third content update for Cataclysm—is available now for all World of Warcraft players. Blizzard has also released the official World of Warcraft: Hour of Twilight (patch 4.3) trailer. Patch 4.3 provides players with a ton of new content: Raid Finder, Dragon Soul, Transmogrification, Three new 5-person dungeons, Void Storage, Fangs of the Father and the all-new Darkmoon Faire.
- Frozenbyte has announced that the Steam version of Trine 2 will support cross-platform multiplayer between PC and Mac thanks to Steam Play. The currently ongoing Trine 2 Beta has been made available for the Mac, making cross-platform multiplayer available right now for gamers who have pre-purchased Trine 2.