It’s a busy and expensive time of year. I know that, you know that, and, thankfully, iDevice app and accessory developers know that, too. As such, plenty of sales are being offered up. Whether you’re looking for good accessory deals for gifts or just some even less expensive apps for your own use, we’ll be rounding up the sales right her throughout the holiday season. Check back often.
- New - The G5 Holiday Sale is on now though December 29th. In addition to huge savings on some of the best G5 games, for a limited time the publisher is also giving away Mahjongg Artifacts to owners of iPhone and iPad. Mahjongg Artifacts is a highly addictive tile-matching game which tons of content that will keep you entertained for hours. The game offers three different game modes, Classic, Story and Endless, which take you through five exotic cultures. It also comes with innovative gameplay twists, like Special Tiles that allow you to use new strategies to clear layouts, bonuses for skillful play and trophies for special accomplishments.
- New - Roleplaying and strategy fans rejoice; the smuttlewerkers decided to go crazy and offer their beloved game Companions—a huge RPG/Dungeon Crawler for Apples iPad and iPad2—for $0.99 only. Companions is a huge game with a huge story. You take command of four characters in their quest to stop the dark god Detexx from plunging the world of Altland into a new war again. You will find lots of items, make use of the special skills of the characters and live through an epic adventure. The dwarf can build deadly towers and traps and if you haven’t seen a mighty Minotaur go berserk, well, then you missed something.
- New – UTV Ignition Games, together with developer Denki, has announced that their hit iOS title, Quarrel Deluxe, will be available for just $0.99 in the Apple App Store from its usual price of $2.99 – but only for a limited time. The sale continues through to January 2, 2012 at 11:59 PT. In Quarrel, players must battle their opponents for control of an island split into territories. In order to do this, they must create the highest scoring word from a given eight-letter anagram, ultimately claiming the land on the quest for total vocabulary domination.
- New - For a limited time, Stand O’Food 3 is on sale for $0.99 for iPhone and $2.99 for iPad. A fast-paced time management burger flipping adventure game in which Ronnie the Chef extends the operations of the Stand O’Food chain to Tinseltown. There, he meets Nikki and Mr. Clarence and disrupts Mr. Torg’s plans for revenge.
- The most addictive football game on iPhone has become even mightier with fresh snow falling on the field, a striking new game mode and many more extra features. It’s time to become the QB of your favorite team or to give your friends a chance to become hall of famers in the new NFL Flick Quarterback. Get it or gift it for $0.99 in this holiday sale.
- TAITO is celebrating the close of another year by discounting some of its most beloved titles. Japan iTunes Rewind 2011 featured title Groove Coaster leads off the campaign, accompanied by its predecessor Space Invaders Infinity Gene and the enduring hit Cooking Mama. Groove Coaster has been discounted by 65%, with Cooking Mama and both the App Store and Android Market editions of Space Invaders Infinity Gene on sale for 40% off.
- Cult iOS RPG Ash, a love letter to 16-bit JRPGs that made quite an impression last year, is getting the special edition treatment with all-original art (the game initially shipped with art licensed from RPG Maker) and fully rebalanced random encounters. The update turns Ash into a much better looking game while also making it more accessible and slightly easier to play. To celebrate the Holidays, the game will be on sale for $0.99 instead of the usual $4.99.
- From December 15 to January 2, many of Telltale’s games for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch will be on sale for the Gnome-sized price of only $2.99 each. Santa has his elves, but Telltale Games has the “Hidden People” of the Puzzle Agent series and has dispatched them to bring holiday terror cheer to your touch screen. A stocking crammed with Telltale gaming goodness awaits with many of Telltale’s iOS games on sale for just $2.99 each, starting now and ending in the New Year. Telltale hopes to bring ‘tidings of comfort and joy’ to your touch screen with hit games at a price that would even warm the heart of Ebenezer Scrooge!
- To celebrate the more than one million users the game has, and as a Holiday’s Gift to the public, AppGeneration has announced that Crazy Formula, a top selling game on the AppStore, has become free for a limited time. Not only has Crazy Formula achieved the milestone of 1 Million downloads, it also acquired a very important approval rate by its users. In fact, the game has more than 3 thousand 4/5 star reviews in more than 50 stores all over the world with an average rating above 4 stars.
- FDG Entertainment has prepared a very special “Thank You” gift for its Cover Orange fans this year. The popular physics puzzle which reaches version 2.0 and its tenth update soon, has recently surpassed 7 million (iPhone and iPad) downloads! As a token of gratitude, FDG released Cover Orange Xmas Gift for free, offering 20 free levels to play and sweeten up the waiting time until Xmas. Cover Orange Xmas Gift for iPhone and iPad is available now at no charge.
- The Gamma Project has announced that 3D Jingle Balls 1.2.1, their fun, 3D tilt game will be on sale. Tilt game fans, and labyrinth type game fans should definitely give this a look. Players guide 5 balls on a rotating platform into a hole on the platform. The rotations of the platform are controlled via the accelerometer on your device. You must twist and tilt the platform to guiding ball into the hole on the platform while at the same time keeping the other four balls from falling off the edge.
- New - VeprIT has announced a 30% Christmas discount for its flagship product Photo Sense. Photo Sense is an easy photo editing software for Mac OS and iOS. It uses a unique automatic image enhancement algorithm to make photographs more attractive quickly and easily, either completely automatically or with a minimum user effort. Photo Sense allows to save a lot of time and money on learning, purchasing, and using professional photo editing software.
- New - Interactive learning company Mindshapes is kicking off a holiday sale on its children’s apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Mindshapes’ 9 apps will be on sale on the App Store from December 22, 2011 through January 10, 2012. Mindshapes’ apps are designed to help stimulate the development of children ranging from the age of 2 through 12. Each app aims to inspire kids through play. All apps are designed with education experts and tested with children.
- New - MacPhun has set up a special Christmas Sale on its best apps for a limited period. Cartoonatic+ is $0.99 instead of $1.99, FX Photo Studio iPhone is $0.99 instead of $1.99, and FX Photo Studio HD $1.99 instead of $2.99.
- New - EuroSmartz today announced that Print n Share Pro 5.1.1 has been put on a special sale reduced by 50% for a limited time over the holiday period. Print n Share Pro is the most powerful document management and full featured printing app which prints to all printers from an iPad or iPhone. With wide ranging support for PDF display, reading and printing, through to the ability to open, view, print and convert Office & iWork files – Print n Share Pro stands alone in document management field.
- New – Dear Panda LLC is celebrating the holidays with a sale on CourseNotes, their top selling iPad and Mac apps which helps students take notes and stay organized. The must-have apps for students will be on sale for a low price for both iPad and for Mac through January 1st. Dear Panda also announced that they will provide promo codes as a gift to educators to try the app for free, while supplies last. CourseNotes lets you take notes during your classes.
- New - Disney Publishing is spreading the holiday cheer by offering two of its most popular apps at discounted prices with a Holiday App Sale. From now until 11:59PM (PST) on December 30th, kids and parents can download the Disney Princess a Royal Christmas app for only $1.99 (orig. $4.99) and the The Amazing Spider-Man: An Origin Story app for $4.99 (orig. $6.99)! Just in time for holiday travel plans or a last-minute stocking stuffer for kids, parents can snag these fully interactive, magical apps at a reduced price.
- New - A-Tono congratulates everyone with the upcoming Holidays and gives a Christmas present. KeBouquet! for iOS is free for a limited time. KeBouquet! allows anyone to create and give amazing virtual flower bouquets for all occasions: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, Valentine’s day, Mother’s day, Father’s day and more. The app lets users choose, design and send or share uniquely customized virtual flower bouquets with their loved ones in a matter of minutes straight from their mobile devices.
- New - As a special Christmas gift, Synium Software offers a Christmas discount of up to 50% off many of their Mac and iOS titles. This offer is valid from December 22nd to December 29th 2011.
- Kdan Mobile has announced that the company is offering a 65% discount on its award-winning creativity app, Animation Desk for iPhone, in celebration of the upcoming Christmas holiday. The discounted period will last until December 19th. Kdan Mobile also announced that both the iPhone and the iPad versions of Animation Desk were updated earlier this week, with support to the new patented stamp features that allows users to add shapes, insert pictures, and copy and paste selected area.
- It’s never been easier to share those magical moments with your friends and family. With Magic Mails for your iPad, you can send personalized greeting cards via email for almost every occasion. As a Christmas gift to you, the app and your first three greeting cards are absolutely free until December 31. Grab your copy from the App Store now and save $2.99.
- Zuuka is ringing the bells of joy early this year with a pre-Christmas sale of its entire 130-plus library of iStoryTime mobile children’s books. Originally priced between $2.99 and $8.99, all storybooks are now just $.99. Merry Christmas. This includes nine No. 1 hits from 2011 as well as other popular storybooks for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- MacPhun is offering a special Christmas discount on FX Photo Studio for iPhone. It is currently available for only $0.99 dollars on App Store. The special Christmas price will last for a limited period during holidays. The newest application version (FX Photo Studio 4.5) includes new text labels, iPhone 4S high resolution support and an option to submit photos to monthly contests in order to gain different prizes.
- Global Delight is running some great discounts for their products: Camera Plus Pro is 33% off ($1.99) and Photo Delight 50% off ($.99) until January 2, 2012.
- Paragon Software Group has announced holiday discounts on some of its most popular mobile reference and productivity software applications for iOS and desktop Mac. From December 16 through January 10, 2012, all world-famous dictionary brands, including Britannica, Collins, Duden, Merriam-Webster, Oxford, PONS, Wahrig and Paragon’s own Slovoed, along with best-selling utility apps Handy Safe Desktop and PenReader, will be available at up to 50% off the regular retail prices.
- Users of the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad can now start looking forward to the Advent Season. Vieda, the business association for German iOS developers, is launching its huge Christmas discount campaign for the third time. All users who keep an eye on the digital appsforsale Advent Calendar app can purchase high-quality Apps with discounts of up to 50% or more. These discounts will be available for selected Apps on the day users open the virtual Advent Calendar door.
- Case-Mate is offering 30% off their entire Gift Guide. Use gift code GIFTGUIDE2011 when checking out.
- UNIEA is offering the “Perfect Storm of Christmas Sales.” First, customers can get 25% off their entire order at uniea.com by using promo code XMAS11. Plus, all orders feature $5.95 flat rate shipping worldwide. Second, customers who spend $50 or more get a free pink/white U-Feel iPhone 4/4S case (a $19.95 value). Third, spend $99 or more by 12/18 and get guaranteed express delivery before Christmas at no extra charge.
- iVogue are really getting into the Christmas spirit this year with an exciting Secret Santa Deal. All purchases from the iVogue.co.uk website will have a special gift included for free. Free gifts range from iPhone cases and covers, to screen protectors and iStands. All you have to do is send them a Christmas message to qualify. The promotion ends Friday 23rd December.
For additional gift ideas, be sure to check out the Appletell Holiday Gift Guide.