Car Xpenses 1.2 for iOS is an iPhone/iPod oriented productivity application designed to help you manage your car maintenance and keep track of your vehicle-related expenses, as well as stay on top of service and maintenance schedules. It will also work on the iPad, but has not been scaled to optimize it for the tablet’s larger display.
“Car Xpenses is designed for those who want to keep their car in its best state,” says developer Amr Rafie, “The app’s convenient maintenance history means you’ll never have to worry about when your car needs its next oil change or when you last replaced the battery.”
Easy to use, Car Xpenses features an attractive and reasonably intuitive user interface that Mr. Rafie says was created by usability and design professionals. It does look very professional. North American users will note that British terminology is used for some categories, such as “Petrol,” but it also uses American spelling (“Tires” rather than “Tyres”) and offers your choice of miles vs. kilometers and support for all major world currencies.
You can enter specific model, year, and mileage information for your vehicle.
Managing Vehicle Expenses features include:
- Simple clicks for entring expenses
- Choose category, cost and sub-category (that’s all)
- Allow creating unlimited customized sub-categories
- Locate expense on a map (which helps determine all car service locations)
- View expenses by month/year
- View expenses by location
- Animated Pie chart for expense categories
Managing Vehicle Services features include:
- Lights and progress bars indicate services that need attention
- Maintain complete service history
- Define unlimited customized services
- Choose service intervals by miles/km or duration (or both)
- Store notes and odometer reading for each car service
- Calendar notifications remind user about due services
- Manage multiple cars with no limit
- Easily track expenses/repairs and services
- High-resolution graphics; iOS 5 and Retina display (iPhone) support
- Lightweight and provides lively performance, even on older devices
- Suitable for use in any country supporting the following international units
- Distance: miles, kilometers
- Currency: all worldwide currencies
- Backup and restore with simple clicks
- Full application help
A notepad provides a convenient place to type to-do reminders, service appointment data, or whatever to yourself.
The settings panel lets you tailor the program to fit your particular needs and circumstances.
The New Expense interface categorizes and subcategorizes various vehicular expenses.
Car Xpenses is a nicely designed and presented little app that should work well for its intended purpose. It seemed stable throughout my test, and is a responsive performer.
Car Xpenses 1.3 sells for $2.99 and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.