This week on the Free Apps Roundup: Read it Later changed their name to Pocket. But they did more than that. They added some features and made their app free. Sketch Nation Studio wants to make it easy for you to create and sell your own games. Arqball Spin is a really cool app to create interactive, 360 degree representations of real objects. And, as always, there’s so much more.
The Top Three:
- Pocket – Remember Read it Later? It changed names. Henceforth, it shall be known as Pocket, and it’s the service that would like to take all this things you’d like to read or look at later and hold them for you. It’s a service that catalogs the stuff you find interesting and saves it for when you have enough time to really enjoy it. You can view your stuff anywhere on a plethora of devices. And now it’s free, too.
- Sketch Nation Studio – If you like video games, then you’ve probably thought about making your own game at least once. Sketch Nation Studio makes it super easy to make your own game and even sell it on the App Store (for money even!). Basically, you draw all of the game objects, pick the type of game and set up some more stuff. When that’s all done, you can share your game and even sell it as an in game purchase. If your game sells, you get to keep 50% of the revenue. Not bad for a few minutes of work.
- Arqball Spin – 3D models are cool. 360 degree interactive photos are almost as cool and that’s exactly what you can make with Arqball Spin. Just find an object that you can spin or walk around (best results will be had with a “stage”). Then just let the app take a bunch of pictures of it while you do so. The app spits out something that’s shareable with anyone using a modern web browser.
- ILLUSIA 2 – casual platform action RPG
- Scott Kelby’s Lighting Recipes – photography information
- Joypad Legacy – use your iOS device as a controller for Mac or PC games
Free for a limited time:
- MarsDefense – defend Mars against…?
- Yoga for Insomnia – yoga app that either causes or relieves insomnia
- N+OTES – notes app with folders
- Doc^2 – word processor (supports .doc and .docx)
- Spaceblip HD – similar to Tron or Snake, but in space
- Scorched Monster – retro platformer
- Hyperlight – retro arcade space shooter
- AngerOfStick2 – stick-based side-scrolling platformer
- Verde – energy tracking utility; save power, save the world
- Synth – instrument used by Gorillaz
- Beyond Death – futuristic racing
- UFO Hotseat – cell shaded turn-based strategy game
- FlyBoy – skydiving game
- RealBass – a fake bass
- GPlayer – plays almost any video format
- Jewel Frenzy – match three or more
- Fotopedia National Parks – US National Parks app
- Edge – unique 3D geometric puzzler
- Burn The City – physics destruction puzzles
- Paper Monsters – similar to LittleBigPlanet