One of the more impressive third-person shooters on iOS devices has long been Shadowgun, so it’s not going to surprise fans that MadFinger Games has released an iPad optimized update. The new version supports the native 2,048 x 1,536 Retina display, and boasts “completely smoothly gameplay” even with its built-in 4x anti-aliasing.
The update also fixes memory issues that caused repeated crashes for original iPad and iPod touch gamers.
Authored with the Unity development platform, SHADOWGUN combines tactical combat with third person harrowing action, ushering in a new visual standard for handheld gaming. SHADOWGUN puts players into the role of John Slade, a professional bounty hunter in the year 2350. Slade’s mission: hunt down Dr. Edgar Simon, renowned geneticist and former employee of the trans-galactic corporation Toltech Enterprises. Players must lead “shadowgun” John Slade as he infiltrates Dr. Simon’s mountain fortress and fights his personal army of mutants, cyborgs, and genetically-enhanced humanoids. Using state-of-the-art weaponry, ships, and the assistance of S.A.R.A.—Slade’s personal android assistant. The story is written by award winning author Micah Nathan who has joined the MadFinger team as executive creative consultant for SHADOWGUN.
- Immersive visual presentation, never seen before on mobile devices
- It ain’t just pretty—it’s gorgeous! Advanced lighting effects, beautifully rendered environments, and pro voices make this one of the most advanced games for your smartphone!
- Single-player story-driven campaign with playtime over 5 hours
- Immersive storyline with multiple outcomes! You decide how it ends!
- Unlock the detailed “Shadowpedia”, and read more about the SHADOWGUN universe!
- Featuring the most advanced combat A.I. to date—enemies flank, seek cover, and utilize teamwork to take you down! Battle automated sentries, aerial drones, and other lethal foes—tactical maneuvers are based upon actual military strategy!
- Solve hacking mini-games to whet your nerdly appetite, then get back to blasting!
- Survive the onslaught of Dr. Simon’s deadly creations, including level bosses, mutated grunts, killer machines, and more!
Shadowgun is a universal app compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad, and requires iOS 4.3 or later. It’s rated 12+ for all the reasons you’d want an action game to be rated 12+, and is available now in the App Store for $2.99.