On April 23rd, Adobe Systems, Inc. officially unveiled Adobe Creative Suite 6 and its new Creative Cloud service which gives subscribers access to every CS6 app as well as additional benefits such as access to Adobe’s mobile apps and to future upgrades for a monthly fee. Today, Adobe has announced that CS6 is now available for purchase, and that Creative Cloud is expected to be available on Friday, May 11.
Adobe CS6 includes updates and improvements to Photoshop, InDesign, lllustrator, Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Flash Professional and other products. As in the past, the apps are available in various suite configurations: Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, Creative Suite 6 Production Premium, and Creative Suite 6 Master Collection. A buying guide is available for product comparison at Adobe’s website.
Top new features across the CS6 product line include:
- New levels of performance with tools that take advantage of Adobe Mercury Graphics functionality, allowing users to go from ideas to finished work faster than ever before.
- Enhanced user interfaces that vastly simplify workflows, so users can focus on their content and achieve results quicker.
- New capabilities that streamline the creation of responsive content, ensuring website and apps look great across virtually all screen sizes and form factors.
- Remarkable new science, integrated into imaging and video apps, makes previously impossible tasks suddenly possible.
Adobe Creative Cloud “… offers a radical new way of providing tools and services… ” for creative professionals. The subscription-based service offers an online hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work with Adobe Creative Suite 6 software.
CS6 point product subscriptions will also be available May 11.
Adobe Creative Cloud membership delivers:
- Access to download and install all CS6 applications, new HTML5 desktop products—Adobe Muse 1.0 and Adobe Edge preview—and deep integration with Adobe Touch Apps.
- Easy storage and sharing of content across desktop, mobile devices and the cloud.
- Integrated website publishing and hosting.
- Ongoing innovation that provides members with the most up-to-date products and services
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products are immediately available through Adobe Authorized Resellers, the Adobe Store in North America and Adobe Direct Sales. Estimated street price for the suites is:
- CS6 Master Collection - $2,599
- CS6 Production Premium - $1,899
- CS6 Design & Web Premium - $1,899
- CS6 Design Standard - $1,299
Adobe Creative Cloud membership will be available to customers in 36 countries and in multiple languages. Pricing for Creative Cloud membership for individuals is $49.99 per month based on annual membership and $74.99 per month for month-to-month membership. A special introductory offer of $29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available. Education pricing is available.
For a comprehensive preview of CS6 and the Creative Cloud, read It’s going to get somewhat Cloudy with a strong chance of CS6 from our friends at Applelinks.