Have you always wanted to write your own songs but are having trouble rhyming moon with June and love with glove/shove/above? Independent app designer Dante Varnado Moore of Paragoni, LLC is here to help with Songwriter’s Pad, a suite of free and paid apps for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Songwriter’s Pad is a professional song writing app used by Grammy award winning songwriters and novices alike. It includes chord notation, a rhyming dictionary, thesaurus, digital audio recorder and a backing track player that allows you to import beats and instrumentals. It also includes a unique word and phrase idea generator designed to inspire creative expression and eliminate writer’s block.
If there’s a tool for helping songwriters avoid clichés, there are a few dozen bands to whom I’d personally gift this app.
Designer Dante Varnado Moore says that Songwriter’s Pad is “… an invaluable creative tool for the songwriter …” that “… contains all of the essential tools that a songwriter needs in one easy to use app.”
Key features of Songwriter’s Pad include:
- Word And Phrase Idea Generator - Generate words and phrases based on the feeling you’re trying to convey with your lyrics.
- Rhymes, Dictionary And Thesaurus - All of the essential tools that any serious songwriter would expect.
- Chords - Intuitively add chord notations to your lyric (coming soon to iPhone version)
- Audio Recorder - Record vocal and melody ideas with one tap.
- Backing Track Player - Import beats and instrumental tracks to construct your lyric.
- Notes - Capture author, publisher, copyright date, tempo, etc.
- Sharing - Export lyrics and audio via email or back up with DropBox.
Songwriter’s Pad is available for $9.99 for iPhone 3G/4/4S and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, and $19.99 for Macs running OSX 10.6.8 or later. A free version is available to try out, but it’s limited to the creation of one song.
Product [Songwriter's Pad]