InboundWriter—a web-based content optimization system designed specifically for writers—was a pretty handy tool if said writers were on a system that supported Adobe Flash. But because iPad compatibility was so highly requested amongst users, the company has written InboundWriter entirely in the HTML5 standard. The new system will facilitate rapid release of new functionality and allow for a deeper expansion into integrating both search and social intelligence into the writing process.
Jay McCarthy, VP of marketing at InboundWriter, explained, “We’ve observed a trend where writers and marketers are starting to replace laptops with a combination of tablets and wireless keyboards; hence, we invested in an HTML5 overhaul early on because this is where we see interactive Internet-based applications like ours headed.”
With its new iPad and tablet compatibility, InboundWriter will continue to serve as a resource for content marketers, online media publishers, interactive agencies and PR professionals, combining the traditional writing process stages – research, writing and online optimization – into a single, cloud-based application. By delivering relevant insights from a variety of web sources, including search and social media, the application allows writers to optimize content while maintaining its quality and integrity. Documents created in InboundWriter are scored on a scale of 1 to 100 based on their findability and in accordance with the content optimization strategy, as identified by the content producer.
The HTML5 release of InboundWriter features the following usability enhancements:
- Improved editor functionality with dozens of new formatting options and HTML editing
- Improved preservation of formatting when cutting and pasting from other products into InboundWriter
- Optimized resolution and aspect ratio for tablet support
- Streamlined content lab for ease of consumption of recommended terms and optimization coaching tips
- Added flexible screen configuration options to better match user preferences, notably the ability to use web editor without optimization sidebar
- Tighter integration of Topic Buzz, InboundWriter’s new social sharing monitoring feature, with the user’s document library
- New document summary view, added for “at a glance” view of the user’s document library
- Integration of industry standard TinyMCE also used by WordPress and other standard Web CMS
Signing up for InboundWriter is completely free, while professional users may upgrade to a premium account with unlimited editing and no advertising for $19.95 per month. An Enteprise Plan with team performance reporting, analytics, and more will soon be available as well.
For more information, visit www.inboundwriter.com.