TechnologyTell

iOS 8 and the downside of mandatory backwards compatibility

With iOS 8.0.2, it may not be as bad as we feared.

Apple testing significant iOS updates; iOS 8.2, 8.3 spotted

Apple released  earlier this month for existing devices, along with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus which feature the new operating system out of the box. Apple is usually working on the future updates ahead of the launch of the OS, but it seems this year may be a little different when it comes to more »

Apple releases iOS 8.1 Beta for developers

iOS 8.1 may come with support for Apple Pay.

iOS 8.0.2 fixes iPhone 6 and HealthKit bugs

Question is, who’s brave enough to download it?

How to recover your iPhone 6 from iOS 8.01

You could use the iPhone to make phone calls? Who knew?

iOS 8 already running on 46% of iDevices

The release of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus kind of helped.

1

Sluggish iOS 8 uptake likely attributable to a constellation of factors

It’s not because people don’t want it.

iOS 8 adoption crosses 20% in 24 hours

20%? Are the other 80% of you in some kind of trouble?

iOS 8 release confirmed for September 17th

You’ll get two days to determine if you’re old phone can handle it.

Apple CEO Tim Cook receives praise for iOS vision

In a note to investors, analyst Steven Milunovich praised Apple CEO Tim Cook for thinking “big”—something that bodes well for Apple’s future. He referenced comments the CEO made during Apple’s most recent earnings call, in which he stated the company has “a very large vision of what iOS can be.”

Google Wallet app will let users redeem gift cards

Google has launched an update to the Google Wallet app for Apple’s iOS devices, promising it will be easier to navigate and brings exciting new features such as support for gift cards, the ability to send money to friends or family, and providing easier money transactions.

Apple unveils iTunes Pass for iPhone and iPod touch

Apple has launched iTunes Pass, which allows iPhone and iPod touch users to add funds directly into their iTunes account more easily than buying a physical iTunes gift card from a local retail store. Instead, customers can head out to any brick-and-mortar Apple retail store and—with their iOS device and the Passbook app—create a digital gift card in the amount of their choosing.