It looks like one Nexus 7 user has recently made a rather big commitment to the device — an in-dash installation. The folks at Sonic Electronix have posted a video of YouTube detailing the in-dash installation of the Nexus 7 tablet in a 2008 Dodge Ram truck. And while they make a good point of the Nexus 7 begin a lower cost alternative to the iPad, we cannot help but think how much nicer this would be if the Nexus 7 had cellular connectivity. That though aside though, the Nexus 7 has been installed in the dash but it can also be removed and taken on the go. Anyway, if nothing else this does give another way of looking at a tablet. After all, with this you now have a solid in-dash navigation system, music player and probably much more.
by Robert Nelson on August 7, 2012 at 10:40 am
- Google I/O 2012: Here is the Nexus 7 tablet introduction [Video]
- Sony is closing down the Dash developers website
- Nexus 7 tablet now available with Staples, showing as limited inventory and in-store only
- Google and Asus rumored to be working on a $100 Nexus tablet
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet, an official image