Those who have been using the Maxthon web browser on the iPad, or those who are simply looking for something different on the iPhone may be happy to hear this latest bit — Maxthon for iPhone has officially launched. The app is available in the expected location, the iOS App Store and it is both free to download and free to use. And if that was not enough to convince you to give it a shot, the Maxthon web browser touts itself as being the “world’s fastest and smartest web browser.” Not to mention, being fast, secure, smart and fun. On the serious side though, the Maxthon web browser has landed as version 1.0 and brings support for the iPhone running OS 4.3 or later. In terms of features, the browser brings a goodies such as a private mode and cloud sync as well as more expected features such as tabbed browsing. Breaking the features down a bit further, we have the following;
- Cloud Services – Syncs bookmarks/favorites to the cloud to give users convenient access to their bookmarks via their iPhone, iPad, Mac, PC, Kindle Fire and Android handsets and tablets.
- Reader Mode – Removes ads and creates a user-friendly format for reading articles and news stories.
- Quick Links Center – More than 60 of the most popular websites and applications, including news, technology, business, social media, videos, shopping, sports and more are in the Maxthon Quick Links Center.
- Tabbed Browsing – Maximizes the iPhone screen with powerful tab management tools that enable users to multitask without having to shuffle through multiple sites.
- Smart Address Bar – Quick browsing by typing just the first few characters of a URL or search query; Maxthon for iPhone displays results from bookmarks, search engines and browser history.
- Speed Dial – Input an unlimited number of favorite sites on Speed Dial and access them with one touch.
- Download Manager – Easily sort, schedule and select relevant downloads.
- No advertisements or pay-to-play features.