The RunKeeper app has recently been updated on iOS. The app has gone up to version 2.7, maintains the requirement of iOS 4.0 or later for use and remains available for free — both to download and use. And speaking of free, the folks at RunKeeper have added some free goodies with this latest update. These new freebies arrive in the form of training plans.
- Find and sign up for a training plan tailored to your fitness goals – from just getting off the couch to finishing a marathon.
- Easily follow your training program directly in the RunKeeper app and always know what’s next.
- Get coached through each workout on the fly with audio instructions.
- See how you’re progressing against your plan over time.
- Manage your plan on your phone and on the web at Runkeeper.com.
Otherwise, RunKeeper v2.7 also has an updated look and feel in the activity history section, the ability to connect to Twitter from the app and share your activities and support for iOS 6. And lastly, the was also the mention of stability improvements and bug fixes.
That all being said, as a long time RunKeeper user myself — I would have already said that the app was great for the person already involved in running, but due to those coaching plans — I would now say that it is great for the person looking to get started.
Via [iOS App Store]