The iPhone 5 was announced and most will realize what that means in terms of the older models — some will be discontinued and some will be given price cuts. To begin with, the iPhone 3GS has officially been discontinued. Perhaps more important for some, the price drops for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Moving forward, the iPhone 4 will be available for free and the iPhone 4S will be $99.99. Of course, both of those assume a two-year carrier agreement.
by Robert Nelson on September 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm
- Apple iPhone 5 officially announced, launching on September 21st with pre-orders from the 14th
- Apple iPhone 5; here is the US pricing, release date and carrier details
- Apple iPhone 5: here are the worldwide availability details
- Apple updates the iPod touch and iPod nano lineups
- Apple iPhone 5 announced for C Spire Wireless, will arrive on September 28th