The Chameleon Launcher for Android tablets landed in Google Play back in mid-September and well, it seems we haven’t heard all that much since. But on that note, the launcher app has returned with an update. This update brings the app up to version 1.1.0 and along with a higher number — we have word of a few new features.
One of the highlights of the update deals with widgets. Chameleon Launcher v1.1 now supports native Android widgets and has also been given an updated Facebook, Twitter and Calendar widget. In addition, the rest of the changelog appears to have quite a few goodies included. For example, the the Home Screen and Layout Editor have been rebuilt and the result is said to have “drastically improve performance.”
Otherwise, touching back on the updated widgets for a moment. The Facebook widget was noted as getting a UI “facelift.” The Twitter widget has been given a bit more in terms of functionality and now has inline access to reply, retweet and favorite. It also has support for lists and can now “properly” display retweeted tweets. As for the Calendar widget, this update brought an All Calendars and an Event List view.
The remaining items on the changelog include the following;
- Added new widget API hooks for more access to local device data.
- All widget account selectors now have the ability to remove accounts.
- Improved transitions between the Home Screen and Layout Editor.
- Widget Title Bar UI elements now have hit states.
- Widget selection UI now has hit states.
- Fixed and and issue with the Facebook widget loosing authentication when swapping between WiFi networks.
- The YouTube widget properly displays cached content in a no-internet offline mode.
- Improved start-up time.
- Fixed several bugs, including issues where Chameleon might freeze on start-up.
- Several minor UI tweaks and improvements.
- Adding new Wallpapers is now more responsive.
Finally, Chameleon Launcher for Tablets remains available in Google Play, priced at $10 and with support for devices running Android 3.2 or later.
Follow @GadgeTell on Twitter.