There maybe some of you here who miss Siri when you switch from an iPhone to an Android device. Even for its novelty, Siri has established itself as an integral part of the iOS system. Having said that, what then is your alternative to Siri if you just made the jump over the Android fence. There are a couple of Android apps which function like Siri. One of the newest to arrive is Dragon Mobile Assistant from Nuance. Previously known as Dragon Go!, this new app offers the same functions as the earlier app but in a more Siri-like way. This means that the app has now also become a personal assistant app. So with this app, you can now speak naturally to access a wide range of content and do everyday tasks easier on your phone even when you’re hands are busy.
To give you an idea on what you can ask when using the Dragon Mobile Assistant Android app, here are some of the things that you can make the app do:
- Make a call – “Call Ashley on her mobile”
- Send a text message – “Tell John I’ll be there in five”
- Create a calendar event – “Set up a meeting with Jake Barnes tomorrow at 2pm”
- Update Facebook or Twitter – “Sent out a new Tweet, What a finish to the game!”
- Use maps and find directions – “What’s the best way to Portland, Maine?”
- Find restaurants and make reservations – “Find brewpubs in Boston”
- Check the weather – “How’s the weather look this week?”
- Look up local businesses and points of interest – “Fenway Park”
- And access content and information from over 200 websites with the Dragon Go! search carousel
Sounds like Siri, right? To give you amore idea on what the Dragon Mobile Assistant can, a promo video is included below.
Via [Google Play]