Sprint has just earned the bragging rights of being the first U.S. wireless carrier to offer Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy S III. So, if you have the handset from Sprint expect the update to Jelly Bean, over-the-air, anytime today. According to Sprint, if your Samsung Galaxy S III is eligible to receive the update via OTA, the download process will be automatically pushed to your device. That means you don’t have to check your device anymore, simply wait until you are prompted to install the update and soon enough you’ll be enjoying the many features that Jelly Bean brings, including enhanced TouchWiz features. The update process itself won’t take long and will be finished in a few minutes. Before you get to excited about it, you might as well read up on the new features that Android 4.1.1 is bringing to your Samsung Galaxy S III, specifically a smoother, faster, and more fluid experience with expanded feature functionality such as;
- Google Now™ gets you just the right information at just the right time, like how much traffic to expect before you leave for work or when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. Google Now can be launched by pressing and holding the menu key from the home screen,
- Expandable, actionable notifications allowing you to take action directly from the notification shade,
- Android Beam now lets you send photos and more,
- Widgets work like magic as you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room; when they’re too big, widgets resize on their own.
Additionally, the following features will also be added to your Galaxy S III:
- New live camera and camcorder filters offer a range of new ways to spark your creativity,
- Warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights (blue, green, red/yellow), and many more are selectable from the main camera screen,
- Pause and resume while recording video allows users to string together multiple captured video clips from a party, birthday, or sporting event into a single file with no post editing required,
- Low light photo mode takes advantage of Galaxy S III’s best-in-class High Dynamic Range (HDR) capabilities and offers an optimized mode for low light and indoor photos,
- Pop Up Play Update easily resizes or pauses the Pop Up Play picture-in-picture video window, taking full advantage of Galaxy S III’s powerful processor and large 4.8-inch display,
- Easy Mode is a simplified user experience option for first-time smartphone owners, providing large home screen widgets that focus on the device essentials,
- Blocking Mode can disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms and LED indicators for a designated period of time,
- Improved Usability with access to multiple keyboard options and the addition of the Swype keyboard.
Finally the update will also add support to AllShare Cast Wireless Hub and NFC One Touch Pairing
So, there. Be prepared and enjoy Jelly Bean once it’s installed on your device. It’s going to be a whole new enhanced Galaxy S III experience for you.