Sprint has detailed the latest update for the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE smartphone. The update is rolling out OTA and is clearly a maintenance update. Those with a Photon Q can expect this update to arrive as version 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10 and bring the following in terms of enhancements and fixes;
- More easily import contacts from SD card.
- Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the phone – minimizes occasional skips or -repeats
- Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections.
- Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback.
- Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone.
- Improved text messaging when requesting usage and upgradeability through Sprint Zone
- Select number of users to access Wi-Fi hotspot
- Random power cycle when using Wi-Fi Direct
- Manually send or auto-sync emails from outbox
- Seamless international text messaging
- Faster launch and playback using the YouTube application
- Improved browsing with Google Chrome for Android Mobile Browser
- Improved MMS functionality
According to details provided by Sprint, this update will be rolling out over a 14-day period and you will receive a notification when the update is ready and available for you. Or alternatively, for those who feel the need to have it now — you can navigate to Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Update Motorola Software to try and get the process started immediately.
Follow @GadgeTell on Twitter.