We saw the teaser, and well, Evernote 5.0 is now available. The app can be found by way of the iOS App Store where it sits as a universal with proper support for the iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad. Perhaps more to the point here — lets get into the new features and changes that have come along with version 5.0.
According to the “what’s new” section of the app store, Evernote 5.0 brings numerous bug fixes and stability improvements. Beyond that, there are some changes that apply to the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad and also two that are specific for the iPad. Beginning first with the two that are specific to the iPad, those are as follows;
- Added notebook stack support in Notebooks view
- List of recently viewed, edited and created notes appear on the home screen for easy multi-tasking
Otherwise, the remaining changes that apply to all versions include the following;
- New home screen features quick access to notes, notebooks, tags, places, and Premium features
- Create new notes with fewer taps using home screen quick note buttons
- Note list redesigned with new card style to showcase note content
- Added ability to quickly create new notebooks from the Notebooks list
- Places displays notes on a zoomable map
- Evernote Premium view lets you access Premium features and account status
- New unified shared notebook list shows your notebooks and ones shared with you
Via [iOS App Store]
Follow @GadgeTell on Twitter.