If you happen to be sporting a Droid RAZR M (with Verizon Wireless), we have some good news for you — you have a new dessert on the way. Verizon has officially announced and detailed your Jelly Bean update. The update will arrive as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and with software version 98.12.4.XT907.Verizon.en.US. Verizon notes that the update will measure in as a 254.1MB file and take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to download and install. That being said, lets get into the more important part — what you can expect to see once Jelly Bean is installed and running on your RAZR M.
- Voice Search: Sometimes you’d rather just speak your search query. Or just ask a question. Android lets you search the web with your voice, and it’s convenient for getting quick answers on the fly. It speaks back to you and is powered by The Knowledge Graph, bringing you a precise answer if it knows it, and precisely ranked search results, so you can always find out more.
- Notifications: Take action directly from the notifications panel. Send emails, return calls, share photos and more. Notifications are expandable. Get an even deeper look into the things that matter most: scan multiple emails, see event details or full images and more.
- Smart Keyboard: More accurate, more relevant dictionaries. Jelly Bean’s keyboard guesses the next word before you type it. Voice typing now works even when you don’t have a data connection. Text-to-Speech capabilities have been improved.
- Google Now: Just the right information at just the right time. Get today’s weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform, or your favorite team’s score while they’re playing. Cards appear throughout the day automatically whenever you need them.
ADDITIONAL JELLY BEAN ENHANCEMENTS
- Personalize your home screen easily by placing widgets directly on the screen
- More reactive and uniform touch responses, so you can move between home screens with more intuitive graphics and smoother transitions
- Widgets now resize automatically when they are too big
- Circles widget has been updated to enable instant updating
- Improved voice and data connectivity quality, reducing instances of losing 3G and 4G services
- Reduced time needed to access GPS signal
- Contacts sync more often, eliminating the need to wait for manual or nighttime sync
- Improvements to Setup Wizard UI makes the email setup experience more user friendly
- Native calendar settings have been improved for better user experience
- Improved Mobile Hotspot data connectivity
- Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail
- Verizon Remote Diagnostics has been updated
- New QuickOffice® version has been integrated
- New VZ Navigator application addresses several stability issues
- Video Calling Portal App have been added.
- Integrated new VZWAPPs Version
- Color Application had been removed
- Device now includes support for the Isis Mobile Wallet; a new way to shop, pay and save. The Isis Mobile Wallet holds virtual versions of most things your existing wallet does – including select payment cards. Just tap your phone to pay at hundreds of retailers. For more information on the Isis Mobile Wallet please visit verizonwireless.com/Isis
- Improved connectivity when using Wi-Fi
- Multimedia Messaging delivery has been improved
- Improved Bluetooth Connectivity
Finally, if for some reason sitting back and waiting for the update notification is not what you feel like doing, you can grab your handset and navigate to Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> System updates to get the process started.
Via [Verizon Wireless]
Follow @GadgeTell on Twitter.