Carbonite, a Boston-based provider of cloud computing backup solutions, has just released Currents, a nifty little productivity app that allows you to share your most recent files across multiple devices. The app is compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows, making it easy to access your work quickly and efficiently from a variety of sources.
Carbonite Currents is currently (ha!) in public beta and is free to download for Android from the Google Play store. The iOS version is still forthcoming, but the press release promises it will soon be available in the Apple store.
For a better idea of how it works, here’s the features list from the Google Play download page:
· Access: Keep working on your projects from any device. Access and edit your files on your desktop, laptop, phone, or tablet – wherever you have Currents installed!
o Save your files as you normally would – to your desktop, a project folder, wherever – and the application will pick it up. No special folders/ boxes needed.
o Use your laptop at home to open a file saved on your desktop at work. Make some edits to the file and hit save. The file will be automatically updated on your work computer.
· Share: Currents also makes sharing a file with others easy. Share your file once and continue to work on it. You don’t need to worry about having to resend each time. Everyone will get the most recent version automatically.
- Control who you allow to edit your files versus just view them
- Revert back to an earlier version at any time with the Currents file versioning feature.
- Collaborate: Simple 1-to-1 collaboration in Currents lets two people edit the same file without emailing attachments back and forth.
- Keep track of comments and edits right within the app.