Nokia has just announced its new Music+ service, a premium music service which is an add-on to the currently free Nokia Music service for Lumia smartphones. As an add-on service, you will have to pay only €3.99/$3.99 to enjoy Music+.
For that amount you’ll be enjoying all the benefits of the free Nokia Music service, in addition to infinite skips and unlimited downloads, hence Music+ is touted as an unlimited music discovery.
According to Nokia, Music+ is for their customers who care enough about music and are willing to pay something for more quality and choice without spending too much.
In essence, Nokia Music+ lets you enjoy the following:
- Unlimited skips. Whether you like to skip from track to track, or just want extra control over what you hear. There’s no stopping you with Nokia Music+.
- Unlimited downloads. The free service allows you to download up to four Mixes (each of which contains hours of music) and play them without an Internet connection. The paid service removes this limit – you can download a massive supply of offline music you can swap as you wish.
- Higher quality. We were surprised by the high quality of streaming music from Nokia Music, even over a 2.5G connection. Nokia Music+ allows you to download music at eight times the existing quality. Plus, you can set rules to only download high quality when you’re on WiFi, for example.
- Lyrics. Words to the songs you’re listening to, right on your Nokia Lumia. Either in a scrolling list, Karaoke-style format, or a display you can scroll up and down.
- On your desktop. The Nokia Music+ subscription also gives you access to the service without your phone. A web-app gives you the ability to play Mixes on your computer, smart TV or other connected screens.
Nokia Music+ will gradually roll out in various territories in the coming weeks. The €3.99/$3.99 per month price tag of the service will vary depending on your location.
Via [Nokia Conversations]