Software designers at CooTek will be showcasing a new version of their free TouchPal keyboard app for Android and iOS at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, running February 25-28. Their latest input innovation will be available officially for Android sometime in March.
The TouchPal app is the first predictive swipe keyboard app, allowing users to type without taking their finger off the screen.
Here’s a features rundown of the app from the PR:
- Slide/swipe technology: By integrating CooTek’s patented TouchPal Curve® technology, users can accurately type words without lifting a finger;
- Learned predictions: TouchPal Keyboard analyzes the sentence context and each user’s unique input to predict words, which, on Android, it can learn from other applications such as Twitter, and SMS;
- Blind typing: The prediction technology also allows users to type without looking at their touchscreens by correcting mistyping based on the keys you pressed and the context;
- Extendable plug-ins: Users can share text on Twitter straight from the keyboard, or add other plug-ins of their choice;
- Bigger keyboard: TouchPal Keyboard uses T+ dual-letter layout, which offers a bigger screen than similar apps using QWERTY keyboards, allowing users to type more comfortably; and
- Quick symbol/number input: Users can simply slide their fingers up or down to input a number or symbol instead of toggling between different keyboards.
via [PR Newswire]