It seems the next wave of content consumption will be audio. Since visual content is on the rise and more viral than ever, audio could be making a statement. Google continues to be on the cutting edge with its Currents app for Android update–audio playback and improved syncing between devices. Some of the new features:
- Audio playlist for editions with audio
- Audio media bar in app for stop, start, next, previous
- Story scanner audio icons for launching Audio directly
- Status bar audio controls when Currents audio is playing
- Syncing post read state between devices
- Bug fixes
My favorite updated feature is that it allows you to save your last read article, so you can pick up where you left off on another device.