Welcome to the future, where you can purchase Bluetooth speakers based upon how well it matches your personality and/or outfit. What a time to be alive! Companies like Sony and Ecko are releasing more fun and fashionable speakers that are portable enough to go almost anywhere.
– Chic Buds Porta Party speakers are portable and adorable. The tiny palm-size speaker provides ten hours of play and allows for you to take calls using its speakerphone feature. The runway-inspired patterns are perfect for the chicest music-lovers.
– The very handy Divoom Bluetune Bean is tiny enough to hook onto any backpack or belt loop. It weighs only four ounces, comes in six different colors and is very unobtrusive.
– My personal favorite, the eKids Minnie Mouse Bluetooth Speaker, is rhinestone-encrusted happiness. The audio streams anywhere up to 30 feet away and weighs one pound (Not bad for all those rhinestones!). I’m not sure why this product is marketed specifically towards kids; I’ll take ten, please.
– NudeAudio Move comes in small, medium and large sizes and two different colors. It comes with a cute little tether for easy hooking-onto-stuff capability (excuse my fancy tech language) and is encased in a silicone sleeve for protection. It’s lithium-ion battery is charable via USB and the audio plays from up to 30 feet.
– TheSplash Shower Tunes is the answer to all of our dreams, right? The waterproof speaker is compatible with any device, has a speakerphone feature because talking on the phone in the shower is the American Dream, and plays up to 15 hours of music. Most importantly, it’s super attractive and comes attached to a suction cup, because what shower toy doesn’t?
– The KOHLER Moxie Showerhead and Wireless Speaker is another shower speaker, but one that’s a bit more expensive because hey, you’re also buying a suave new shower head. The price is worth it for the luxury home consumer; the speaker syncs with any Bluetooth enabled device, weighs one pound, and is easily dismountable for use outside of the shower. It’s like getting two things for the price of… Well, two. Still cool, though.
– The Beats by Dr. Dre Pill is the most mainstream speaker, courtesy of Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines video commercial for the product. The “pill”, which comes in eight colors, is speaker phone-capable and connects to pretty much anything with Bluetooth or an analog output. It’s also super cool looking.
– The Sony portable speakeris egg-shapped and hand-sized, and probably extremely reliable as far as performance goes. At 4.8 ounces, the device offers one-touch Bluetooth pairing capability and speakerphone function. The speaker can be purchased in black, pink or white, but I recommend pink because nothing says rock-and-roll like a hot pink egg rolling around at a house party.
– Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker System is not the most portable device, weighing in at 13.5 pounds, but is the coolest thing you will ever buy for your music. Its vintage design is an old-school rock-and-roll throwback that will make you feel like a surfing Elvis Presley. Aside from being spectacular, the Stanmore is environmentally friendly with two standby modes to minimize environmental impact.
The Ecko Bluetooth Spray Speakerphone is the coolest device on the market, if you ask me. And you did ask me, that’s why you’re here! The speaker looks like an actual can of spray paint that offers speakerphone capability, a 3.2-watt stereo class-D audio amplifier, and a ticket to the cool kids’ table at lunch time.