WhatsApp is one of the most popular cross-platform messaging client available at the moment. The company was recently purchased by Facebook, but they did mention it will continue to operate as it is. Recently, the folks behind WhatsApp pushed a big update for Android, bumping it to version 2.11.186, and introduce a number of handy features and bug fixes for the app.
The latest WhatsApp adds new privacy settings, allowing users to limit who can see their profile photo, status and last seen options. Additionally, it also brings a camera shortcut to help users quickly send images to their friends, ability to pay for a friend’s WhatsApp service on any platform which usually costs $0.99 per year, large video thumbnails and more.
Here’s a list of all the new features and improvements introduced in the latest WhatsApp for Android.
- new privacy settings for last seen, profile photo and status
- add Camera shortcut for quicker picture sending
- add ability to pay for a friend’s WhatsApp service
- add large video thumbnails in chat
- add option to show unread messages on home screen widget (Android 3.0+)
- add option to share/save profile photo/group icon
- increase message history user can send
- fix sending flag emoji on Sony phones
- fix voice note recording volume on Samsung Note 3 and Sony phones
- enabled Hindi (Android 4.1+)
Head over to the Google Play Store and download the updated WhatsApp for Android.
Download WhatsApp for Android