Well I won’t pretend I’m intelligent enough to provide new insight into Nikola Tesla’s immense contributions to the world, but I am good at stringing together a bunch of interesting facts! Thanks, Los Angeles education! Today would have been the inventor’s 158th birthday! You don’t look a day over 30, Nikola! So to celebrate the man, the myth, the legend, the pigeon-lover, I have assembled a list of 10 Nikola Tesla facts. Maybe you know all of them, but maybe you can say you learned something today!
1) He has 112 U.S. patents registered to his name.
2) He was born during a lightning storm.
3) He refused to speak to women wearing pearls.
4) He could do integral calculus in his head (his teachers thought he was cheating).
5) He ate dinner at exactly 8:10 pm at Delmonico’s in New York City.
6) He walked between 8-10 miles per day.
7) He spent over $2000 healing a pigeon.
8) He claimed his eyes changed color as a result of immense brain-use.
9) He’s a polygot (can speak eight languages).
10) He was a close friend of Mark Twain.
Happy Birthday, Nikola!