How about a wireless mouse that also is a wireless scanner? An intriguing idea, and one now seeking crowdfunding.
The device purportedly enables you to easily swipe in a zigzag motion across whatever you want to scan. Notably, that allows you to scan just portions of a page and not the whole page if you so choose, like you would with a traditional scanner.
The company says the information scanned also becomes searchable, sharabale, translatable to speech, and importable to Excel or text. The device is said to be “about the same size and weight as a regular mouse.”
And of course, it’s a mouse, too.
Features, per the press release:
- Scan to Table – Zcan supports powerful scanning and editing features which can convert an entire table into one single sheet in Excel.
- Scan to Text – Use Zcan to edit scanned text, which is much faster than typing it entirely from scratch.
- Scan to Speech – Zcan helps users learn how to pronounce a particular word or intonation. Users can use Google Translate as an audio book tool, getting it to read aloud articles, books or even a foreign language magazine (after it is scanned).
- Break Down Language Barrier – Zcan supports over 199 OCR (Optical Character Recognition) languages. With an Internet connection to Google Translate, drag the scanned words or paragraph into the dialogue box where it is then translated into a different language instantly.
- Evernote – Zcan helps to track things like notes, letters or any important notices and store them in Evernote with just one click.
- Photos – Zcan allows users to share any scans with family or friends instantly through Facebook, Twitter, Flickr or email.
- Specifications – Sensor: Optical sensor 1000cpi / Buttons: 3 + Dedicated Scan / Resolution: Up to 400dpi / Scan size: Up to A3 (Upon memory configuration)/ USB Port: 2.0 / Wireless Scanning: IEEE802.11n, g / Wireless Mouse: 2.4GHz Digital Channel.