If you’re as into those hot new smart devices from HTC as we are, you’ll be happy to hear that HTC has announced Blackberry Connect support for all 5. The lineup of supported units includes the S710 (or Vox) and the Advantage, which were announced yesterday. Blackberry Connect service allows users of non-Blackberry handhelds to utilize the same type of push email that’s included in RIM’s own devices. Here’s the full run-down of Blackberry Connect.
- Enhanced attachment handling capabilities, enabling users to view images, footnotes and tracked changes;
- Remote look-up of corporate email address directory;
- Triple DES or AES wireless encryption;
- Internet and corporate intranet access via the BlackBerry Mobile Data System;
- Wireless device provisioning to allow devices to be activated wirelessly;
- Remote control of email settings to allow users to wirelessly configure out-of-office replies, email filters, and auto-signatures directly from their device; and
- Wireless IT policy enforcement and commands.