“Never judge a book by it’s cover” used to be the adage when I was growing up. Well that is all but impossible to do with a cover like the one on “It’s A Guy Thing”, which is a good thing as the basis of the book sounds pretty dull on first examination:
“There are over 7 million patents registered in the United States, a great number of which describe practical inventions designed for use by everyday, ordinary human beings.”
A book on patents? Yes ………. but, a book on 70 real, well intentioned ideas, that’s another story. Looking back over 140 years, the books takes a witty and irreverent look at these inventions with an utter lack of respect, and in so doing delivers a funny, and educational read.
Obviously a ‘must’ for all the Guys out there, the book manages to offer universal appeal. Think about it. What better way for you girls to get an insight into what goes on (or doesn’t) in our heads, what we chat about over a beer, what we find way more interesting than shopping, talking about fashion etc.
Still not sure? Here are a few of things that the book covers:
- Neat Ways for Guys to Shoot Each Other
- Things for Dead Guys
- Awesome Guy Clothing Innovations
- Things That Make Guys More Attractive to Women (At Least in the Guys’ Minds)
- Things That Allow Guys to Accomplish Tasks with Less Effort
- Cool Games That Guys Came Up With
- Things That Are Unnecessarily Dangerous and, Therefore, Very Appealing to Guys
- Things for a Guy’s Dog (or Cockroach)
- Bathroom-Related Things for Guys (None of Which, Oddly Enough, Involves a Magazine Rack)
- Things Involving Beer