N-Gage First Access, the testing ground for the pre-release version of the N-Gage application where users can try and buy N-Gage games and provide feedback about them is ending its beta on March 27, 2008. Although there was no word yet on the exact date of the official launch of the final version of N-Gage application, the N-Gage site mentions it will be happening in the next few weeks.
Related to this announcement, the official N-Gage blog has issued some reminders for those who participated in the N-Gage First Access run.
- After March 27, N-Gage will no longer support the pre-release version of the N-Gage application.
- Games bought and game trials used during the pre-release version of the N-Gage application may still be used, but upgrading to the full release version is required as soon as it is released.
- Player name and password used during the pre-release version cannot be used in the full roll-out.
- Game licenses bought in the pre-release version will still be valid in the full version but users must install the full version of the N-Gage application and then reinstall the game.
- All saved games, Point pickups and N-Gage points will be restarted in the full version of the N-Gage application.
To get final feedback from those who joined the N-Gage First Access run, N-Gage is asking users to answer a short survey. In return for answering some questions regarding their experience during the N-Gage trial state, participants will be given a free copy of the game Mile High Pinball. The activation code for the game will be sent via email or through the N-Gage forum’s private message system once the game is officially released.