At today’s Netgear press conference at CES 2009, the company introduced their new 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router to complement their other networking products. The device connects to the internet using your existing mobile broadband card, and allows you to transmit the signal via Wifi so others can join in on the internet fun. I’m sure the mobile carriers are having a field-day with this. Check out the details from the product’s data sheet below.
3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router
The NETGEAR 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router gives you freedom to roam and still remain connected to the Internet. Even better, you can share your wireless 3G broadband connection with others, making it a great alternative to DSL and cable and eliminating the need for multiple 3G subscriptions. The 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router, an activated 3G USB modem, and a broadband data plan are all you need to create instant WiFi hotspots at events, campsites, home ofﬁ ces, construction sites, and most any other remote location. Setup and security are easy. The Push ‘N’ Connect WiFi Protected Setup™ (WPS) securely connects the router with a push of a button, while the double ﬁ rewall and VPN pass-through protect your network and make it safe to connect to your business network from home. And when the router isn’t in use, the WiFi on/off and power on/off buttons shut down the WiFi signal and router, reducing power consumption.
• Wireless, mobile broadband connection Create instant WiFi hotspots at remote locations, virtually anywhere DSL and cable aren’t available
• USB docking station Ensure optimal 3G reception by placing the router where the signal is strongest
• Highest WiFi and WPA security available Secure your shared broadband connection from attacks and unwanted “guests”
• Compatible 3G USB modems View a current list of compatible 3G USB modems and mobile service providers at www.NETGEAR.com/3G
• Universal car power adapter Visit www.NETGEAR.com for online availability of the convenient universal car power adapter
• NETGEAR Green Save energy with the convenient on/off switch
• Push ‘N’ Connect Easily connect multiple clients to the router with a single button push Use with 3G Broadband networks