So, when we think February 14th, we usually think flowers and chocolate, right? Well, it doesn’t always have to be that way. Believe it or not, girls do like getting gadgets too, as long as you don’t just pick something that plugs in that you chose with either only yourself in mind or for her to clean with. There’s plenty of fun gadget options out there that will still be hot, hot, hot. And just maybe, that way you can play together. Hey now, I meant with the gadget.
1. Let’s start with the hot Sony Vaio (P). It’s an 8-inch, 1.4 lb laptop with 4 hours maximum battery, that comes with a built-in webcam, GPS, and WiFi. Features a 1.33 Hz Intel Processor. Pricing starts at $899. And who says only roses are red?
2. The Zune Video Mp3 Player. Yeah, yeah…I stuck with showing it in red in honor of Cupid and hearts and love, but you can pick from black, blue or pink as well. For those not familiar with the Zune, it can do all sorts of nifty stuff. You can listen to the radio and tag songs you like when you hear them. You can download music using your ZunePass. You can connect to your home network and sync your Zune with your PC. Obviously, the GB capacity varies depending on how much you spend, for example, the 120 GB Zune can hold up to 30,000 songs, 375 hours of video, or 25,000 photos. It has a 3.2″ color LCD with 320 x 240 pixel display. Rock me baby.
3. Tape it…tape it good. So for all you aspiring film stars out there, the next item is for you. The Flip Video MinoHD. Now, this was introduced late last year and it got some pretty good reviews considering its price range and size. Now, if you’re looking to make super high quality films, go spend $3,000 and buy a Canon. This is for folks looking to do some filming to easily upload to places like YouTube or MySpace, or for their own viewing on the computer later. Ahem. 720p video, superslim, holds 60 minutes of HD quality video on 4GB of memory. Features one touch recording and zoom and has a flip-out USB arm that plugs right into your computer. You can get it starting it $165. A star (or stars) is born!
4. You’ll have her smiling with the Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z80. This sleek little camera shoots out some big photos. It has a nice size LCD (2.6″) despite its compact size and also features a 8.1 megapixel resolution. With a 3x optical zoom, auto shutter, movie button, it’s a comes nicely equipped for the price. Even sweeter this Valentine’s Day, is that Amazon’s currently got them on sale for only $99.
5. And finally, she’ll always find her way back to you with the Garmin nüvi 255W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator. Garmin GPS units are always ranked way up there in customer reviews, and this one is no different. The nüvi 255W features a very nice sized 4.3-inch screen with auto navigator and an anti-theft feature. You have the voice prompted turn by turn directions, as well as “Hot Fix.” It also offers JPEG Picture Viewer, currency converter, a world travel clock, a calculator, and plenty more. I found it starting at about $155. Perfect for those long road trips to that romantic getaway maybe?
So there you have it. Some hot gadgets for your Valentine that just might make you both go “Mmmmmmmmm“. Just stay away from the sweeper aisle.