Using the Facebook app on Android? If so, you may want to check the Market because the Facebook app has recently been updated. And finally, this is a welcomed and much improved update over past versions. Some of the new support comes in the form of being able to access friend requests as well as video playback and Events — all of which could not be done before. Plus, Android users now have something over iPhone users — a new feature on the homescreen. The Facebook app on Android is now sporting a bottom row that has thumbnail images of recently shared items from your friends streams.
An updated homescreen with:
- The ability to post a status update or search for friends with just one click
- A new photo reel that enables easy viewing of photos and videos from friends in your News Feed
- A draggable Notifications drawer where you can easily see if a friend posted a note on your wall, commented or liked a post or tagged you in a photo
- Video playback from the app. Similar to the Facebook for iPhone application, we are using the H.264 baseline profile for encoding videos
- Support for Events. You can now review your upcoming events, read your event details, and even RSVP – all from the application
- Respond to friend requests without leaving the application