It would appear as if the Gowalla iPhone app has gotten quite a bit more useful for those looking to check-in to multiple location based services at the same time. The latest update for the Gowalla app brings the version up to 3.0 and is described as being “re-imagined from the ground up.” In reality, they have added a bunch of new features, of which probably the most interesting is the ability to connect your Foursquare and Facebook accounts. In addition you can also now share your location check-ins on Twitter, Foursquare, Facebook Places and Tumblr. Other new features include;
- New, Faster Check In: With a single tap, Gowalla intelligently predicts which spot you’re at based on your history. Start typing a message while your phone is locating you.
- Notes: Leave a personal message—anything from “Don’t forget the bottle of wine” to “The queso will make you glad to be alive”—for a friend. They’ll receive it the next time they check in at that location.
- Add and browse Highlights for your city, like Best Cup, Family Night and My Happy Place.
- Bookmark a spot to remember nearby favorites and faraway dreams.
- Flag a Spot to report problems or closed locations while you’re on the go.
- All-new drop-dead gorgeous design. We’ve re-imagined Gowalla and made it more beautiful and easy to use than ever.
And in addition, several items including image uploads, Spot creation and browsing friends have all been improved.
Download [Gowalla (App Store link)]