If you’re not using the official Twitter Android app, well I guess you’re probably using other third-party Twitter clients. Any chance that you’re using this Android app called – Touiteur? If you do, well don’t be surprised when you get the update of the app and it no longer goes by the name Touiteur but Plume instead. According to Level Up Studio, the change in the app’s name was due to the fact that Twitter contacted them requesting for them to change the name of the Twitter Android app. According to Twitter, the app’s current name create a confusion with their service.
Once you’ve updated the app on your Android phones, the next time you post a tweet, it will not be sent to the Twitter timeline “via Plume” instead of “via Touiteur.”
The change in the app’s name has also been reflected in the Android Market when the new version of the app was released. And since we’ve mentioned about this new version, here are the changes made by LevelUp Studio to Touiteur, I mean Plume Android app.
- rename Touiteur to Plume
- add native retweet support in the widgets
- add the possibility to import saved settings from the wizard (after installation)
- add the delete/replies/share/clipboard functions from the profile view
- faster and more reliable picture cache
- general speed improvements (less lag)
- fix occasional loss of connection for 15 minutes
- fix the profile picture preview size
- fix the scrollable widget counter update
- fix do not reorder the follower/following list
- fix show when the tweet is sending in the widget
- fix some translations
Plume Android app is now available for download from the Android Market. Remember, search for Plume instead of Touiteur.