The Pocket Information app first came available in beta way in October of last year and after what seems to have been some serious testing — the app has left the beta status behind and is officially available in the Android Market as version 1.01.3932.
The Pocket Informant app requires 843k of installation space, will only run on Android 2.0 or later and is priced at $5.99. Though, without specific mention of a new price, it was noted that the app “is on sale for a limited time at an introductory price.”
And one important item to note for those who were running the beta — you must uninstall the beta before installing this new version.
Otherwise, the Pocket Informant app is packed full of features which include;
- Full-featured events management integrated with Android Calendar plus a separate PI Calendar
- Month, Day, Week, Column Week View, Agenda, and Task views
- Swipe between Months, Days, and Weeks
- Getting-Things-Done® (GTD®) management of tasks
- Pre-made filters to quickly find active, due, undated, overdue, and completed tasks
- Starring (flagging) tasks
- Both events and tasks can be displayed in 2 different day views, 6 week views, agenda view and month view
- Plain list and grouped (by category, context, folder, action, status) task views for tasks
- Optional category (for events and tasks) and status (for tasks only) filters in main views
- Templates for events and tasks (including default templates for new items)
- Ability to show/hide different Android calendars
- Optional timebars and mini-text (event details displayed directly in calendar grid) views for events month view
- Custom time/date selection controls for easy task/event modification and navigation in main view (including all month view features including mini-text in date selector)
- Easily accessible commands for events or tasks directly from main views (assign category, move between calendars, move to a different date, context, folder etc.)
- Highly configurable interface (with over 100 different options)
- Configurable event and task edit dialogs (with ability to show/hide all event/task fields)
- Search and notifications integration with standard Android services
- Ability to assign colors to each individual event or task, category, calendar, different task statuses, work and free days etc.
- Optional auto-deletion of completed tasks (on deletion or after certain period of time)
- Uses the Android Calendar Database
- Sync does not work on Samsung Galaxy S due to Samsung customizations
- Syncs with Toodledo.