It looks like the latest software update for the HTC Thunderbolt has begun rolling out. The update comes as build number 1.70.605.0 and baseband 1.39.00.0613w, 0.01.69.0613w_1 and measures in at 74MB in size. In terms of the update itself, that news comes as both good and bad. First, this is not bringing Android 2.3 Gingerbread as was previously rumored, however it should fix the issues of random reboots. According to the change log, here is what you can expect to see in terms of the update;
- Improved data connectivity.
- Enhanced Call History view.
- Reduced number of device power cycles and resets.
- Improved Bluetooth Discovery Mode pop-up window.
- View App Menu in tabbed layout.
- People search function enabled.
- Backup Assistant has been added to the All Apps menu.
- Preloaded My Verizon, V CAST Music and V CAST Videos.
- Desktop cradle App is now available, showing clock in landscape mode.
- NY Times site has been added into the browser bookmarks.