RIM announced Facebook 2.0 for BlackBerry a short while back and it had been available for download in beta form in the Beta Zone. Well, flash forward till today and we have a bit of good news for those not into playing with beta apps — Facebook 2.0 for BlackBerry has graduated and will be available by way of the App World as of today. This update comes with several new features including an updated user interface, Wi-Fi support, improved notifications, Facebook Chat and more. That said, here is the breakdown of changes and/or additions;
- Facebook Chat – Facebook Chat is fully integrated withBlackBerry smartphones, so users can start a conversation within the Facebook app or right from the message list on their device. Users never need to worry about missing a chat message since they’ll be notified of new chat messages even when they’re not using the Facebook app.
- Brand New User Interface – Facebook for BlackBerrysmartphones features a sleek new design which includes a new navigation grid, a notifications bar that borrows from theBlackBerry 6 “Today View” which summarizes all Facebook notifications, Messages, Friend Requests and Chats all in onehandy location, and enhanced profile viewing.
- WiFi Support – Users can stay connected with friends and enjoy the full functionality of the Facebook app for BlackBerry smartphones while in a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Core Integration – Facebook for BlackBerry is integrated with the BlackBerry message list, BlackBerry Contacts app, BlackBerry calendar, BlackBerry browser, and is now also integrated with BBM.
- Redefined Notifications – Users will now be notified of polled items (notifications that aren’t delivered through BlackBerry push technology), such as ‘Likes’ and Event Wall posts.