The T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G is getting upgraded to Android 2.3.4 beginning August 18, 2011. T-Mobile will gradually roll out the update over the next month. By late September, everyone who owns a Sensation 4G should have an updated device. Android 2.3.4 adds some welcome improvements, but does not appear to be the update that will unlock the phone’s bootloader.
Among the list of improvements are better battery life and better screen responsiveness. I can say from my own experience that the HTC Sensation’s battery hasn’t been the best. It’s difficult to get through an entire day without eyeballing the charger. I’ve also witnessed times when the screen would not respond to certain gestures.
Android 2.3.4 also brings other improvements which we’ve listed below. Feel free to manually check you device to see if the update has found its way to you.
- Software stability
- Improved battery life
- Improvements to Trace dictionary
- Improvements to screen responsiveness
- Improvements to video playback
- Improvements regarding device reboot / power off
- Improvements to icon pixilation
- Improvements to Wi-Fi connection
- Improvements to screen/photo resolution