So, Samsung has finally revealed what the mysterious Samsung Galaxy Note is all about. Today at IFA in Berlin, Samsung has announced this as a “new category of product” which according to Samsung has been developed through deep consumer understanding and insight, whatever that means. Anyway, the Samsung Galaxy Note lies in between the Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone and the original 7-inch Galaxy Tab. It will run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS but Samsung is not marketing it as a smartphone although it will have a 3G module. The Samsung Galaxy Note will have a 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED display so it can’t be categorized as a regular tablet. So, what is it, really? A mobile internet device perhaps?
Anyway, one particular feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note that we all should take note of is that it will have an advanced pen-input technology which Samsung calls as S Pen. This, combined with a full touch screen feature of the device. The Galaxy Note will also feature S Memo which is a multimedia app that records all forms of user-created content including pictures, voice recordings, typed text, handwritten notes and drawings.
Full specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note are as follow;
- 1.4GHz dual core processor
- 5.3-inch WXGA (1280×800) HD Super AMOLED display
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
- 8MP camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- HSPA＋ , EDGE/GPRS
- Music Player with SoundAlive
- Samsung Kies 2.0/ Samsung Kies air
- Samsung TouchWiz/ Samsung L!ve Panel UX
- Bluetooth v 3.0 , USB 2.0 ＋ HS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct
- Accelerometer, Proximity
- 150MB ＋ 2GB inbox ＋ microSD (up to 32GB)