Verizon Wireless has just officially announced the Pantech Breakout, a 4G LTE Android smartphone which we told you about last month. The Pantech Breakout will be exclusive to Verizon and will be available starting September 22, 2011. According to Verizon, the Pantech Breakout is a slim and attractive phone which gives you access to custom Pantech widgets and lets you share media files between DNLA-enabled devices using the installed Net Media app on the phone.
For its tech specs, here are the things you should expect from the Pantech Breakout:
- Android 2.2 Gingerbread
- 1GHz processor
- 4-inch capacitive touch display (480×800)
- 4G LTE with download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps
- 4G LTE mobile hotspot that supports up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices
- virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
- 5MP autofocus rear-facing camera with HD video capture (720p)
- VGA front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth
- 8GB pre-installed microSD
The Pantech Breakout will set you back for $99.99 after a $50 mail in rebate and two-year customer agreement.